Friday, November 9, 2012

A Man Quilt

Look what my friend Cleo did!  I am so lucky to have such great friends.  I just showed her this pattern the other day and Voila!!  She made it and I get to hang it n the shop.  Isn't he handsome? It's a great pattern.  You can make it with any applique method. (Fused, Hand) or you can purchase the pattern that has a disk in it that does some really cool magic stuff.  At least that's the way I feel. She showed me how it stitched out the line and you cover it with fabric, and it stitches over the fabric and WOW!!!  I am very impressed!  My machine doesn't do all that.  I'm a hand applique girl.  So this pattern will work for all of us.  I like to have guy quilts hanging in the shop too.  It can be a challenge to find pattens that will please a guy.  However, I think the industry is trying really hard to cover that area.  We have a really neat pattern from Crabapple Hill that is a guy quilt.  Its called "Vintage Tin." I'm working on it now and it's fun.  It's got as workbench with oil cans and it has motorcycles and cars.  I think it's going to be really nice.  We also just got in a book that is called "Man Cave." So now there are some great choices for the guys too.  If we make them a quilt once in a while. They will appreciate quilting even more!

No comments: