Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Classes For The New Year

My oh My!  The new year kind of came in and kicked my but!  I spent the last week mostly at home with just a squeak of a voice.  I can't tell you how frustrating that is.  I couldn't even answer the phone.  Thank god for text messaging!  For two of the days I had no one to work at the shop. (We have all caught the same cold)  So my husband came in and kept the shop open and going.  He did a really good job, but just the basics.  Lots of text messaging to me.  I am VERY grateful to him.  I don't know what I would have done without him.  

So, now I have lots and lots to catch up on. I have been soooo excited with all the new class samples coming for the classes this winter.  I think we have a great line up.  The first picture is a quilt that Stephanie Davis is teaching.  It's called "Striped Strips." I have another sample of it as well.  It's got a very "Modern" look to it.  Stephanie's classes are all very layed back and fun to take .  She will get you to  just relax and see where the creative process takes you.  
This quilt is called "Leaf Drop." Its a fusible applique quilt.  Really fun, and beautiful.  I have had lots of customers over the years that tell me they get so confused with the fusible web that they get more on their ironing boards and hair than on the quilt.  Here's the class for you!  Cleo Jordan is the instructor.  Such a fun, goofy lady!  You will be in stitches in more ways than one.  
Here are just a few of Stephanie's "fabric valentines."  They really go through the mail. I got one in the mail just the other day.  We wanted to test it out.  Don't you think they are so much more special than a paper card?  They would be great for mothers day or a friend that doesn't feel well, or just about any time you need to do a little something special.  
Yep we are having "The Buggy Barn Class" again.  I have requests for this class continually!  They are all very fun to make.  I can almost guarantee you wont just make one.  There is a brand new Buggy Barn book in the shop.  It's called "Crazy Till the Cows Come Home." It's got some great quilts in it.  I can't decide which one I want to make first.  

Oh!  And don't forget!  We are also having a Mystery class this quarter too.  Sorry no picture.  It's a mystery!  I will be posting more class samples as they come in.  Friday is our MEET THE TEACHER.  From 4 - 6pm.  Stop in and see all the samples and ask any questions you may have.  If you sign up at this time, you will receive a 15% off coupon for anything on your supply list.  So why not come on by.  Take a class and learn something new!  I think its a much more fun New Years Resolution than loosing weight!

No comments: