Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Summer Project

Well. you know how I love hand work.  Applique  and embroidery are my lifesavers.  If I didn't have something to work on every evening, I would probably be five hundred pounds. I would have to start smoking!  My family would tell you, I'm a much nicer person when I'm stitching.  I love to sit under my apple trees in the evening (till the nasty little mosquitoes come and want to see what I'm doing) stitch and listen to the birdies sing.  I can't count how many baseball games I have sat through, happily stitching. I can look at a quilt and remember what I was doing while I stitched it.  So many nice memories!  So, anyway, Here's what I am working on this summer.  It's a really fun, whimsical pattern called "Calendula Pederdrip's Cottage".  It's one of the great patterns from Meg Hawkey's Crabapple Hill designs.  She is an amazing talent.  I have been really enjoying her creativity in this pattern.  Stay tuned for more previews of this quilt. 

No comments: