Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Huray!!! For The American Heros Quilt Group!

I'm excited to have the American Hero's Quilt Group here in my classroom this Saturday, July 20th.  If I wasn't here in the shop most Saturdays, I would make sure to be more involved with this group.  They meet monthly in Stanwood at the senior center.  I love to host them every few months here in the shop.  I am VERY proud of their work.  They have a mission to give a hand make quilt to all the wounded soldiers. This group alone has made over 900 quilts.  I think that is so special.  When they get together each month, they work on quilts as a group.  You don't have to be responsible for a whole quilt.  You can come in and just help.  Sit and sew on a binding, press blocks, or whatever you are good at. There is something for everyone to do.  They also take donations of fabric, batting or even money.  So if your looking for something to do this Saturday, you won't be sorry you helped out!  AND, Aunt Mary's has air conditioning so it's so nice and cool in here. For more information about this group, go to www.americanheroquilts.com  Hope to see you!

1 comment:

Sharon S said...

Thanks Carrol! See you Saturday!