Sunday, November 27, 2011

Aunt Mary's Christmas Mystery Is Solved!

Yesterday was our Christmas Mystery class.  Whew! What a day!  We started at 10 in the morning and got to sew and have fun solving our mystery clear till 10pm.  I hope the girls had fun.  I had fun designing the mystery.  It was a TRUE scrap quilt.  The biggest piece we needed was 4 1/2" square of Christmas fabric. I think these kinds of quilts are fantastic! So much fun to look at. Every time you look at it there is something new to see.

 The instructions for the girls was "Don't bring fabric that you don't want to share"  So we sewed and traded fabrics all day long.  You would have thought we would use up lots of scraps.  I think my pile that I brought to share is BIGGER now!  How does that happen? Well, now the party is over and here I am, the day after.  The classroom looks like a thread bomb went off.  I think it could have been worse though.  My friend Cher was wearing fuzzy black socks and she wasn't wearing her shoes.  She started to put on her shoes and discovered she was taller with all the thread and bits of fabric stuck to her socks!  Thank you, Cher for helping out!  All in all, I think it was a great way to kick off the Christmas Season. HO, Ho, Ho!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

It was great fun and a great group of ladies!