Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Aunt Mary's Winter Mystery Is Solved!

What a fantastically FUN day!  The winter mystery class was a success.  As you can see we mainly played with all our scraps.  That kind of makes it an almost FREE quilt.  I brought in one of my scrap baskets and the girls brought in lots of theirs and we shared it all.  It's kind of funny that all our baskets almost looked bigger when we got done, and the classroom looked like it exploded.  
Here is my friend Denise with her finished top.  They all got to find their favorite color to go with the scrap blocks.  
 Here  is Linda's finished top.  Not sure why she isn't in the picture.  Her and her friend, Carol were recently at a retreat and they collected all the scraps from every ones projects.  They had already made a quilt top with the treasures they got from their friends.  So the quilts in this class were truly FREE. 
Here is Cathy.  Isn't the pretty green just spectacular?  I think so.  I'm glad she isn't shy in using what she likes.  I hope everyone had as good a time as I had.  I was pretty exhausted by the end of the night.  I also hope they all continue to use all their bits and make more masterpieces!  Now, I can't wait to work on a new mystery. ???????

No comments: