Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Things I am Thankful For -A Nap

Yesterday was my day off.  It's all I get until thanksgiving.  I will be having my family over for the big dinner, so there was sooo much to do.  Clean the house, get groceries, had a few things to cook  and of course dinner.Well,  I got up early and went for groceries. Did the once over in the house.  About three o'clock I decided to sit down and finish the binding on a quilt that I have to have done for the fun mystery quilt class on Saturday. I only had one more side to go.  It really didn't take very long. I finished it in about twenty minutes.  So what should I do now?  I could hear the rain on the roof and my dogs were all cuddled up.  I didn't want to make them move so I could get up and do more chores, so I sat and admired my newly finished quilt.  It has "Minkie" on the back so it's really smugly!  It's very scrappy and has such fun fabric in it. But, as I ran my hands over the beautiful quilting my friend Lyn did,  my brain just drifted off.  mmmmmm........... 
   This week we should all be thinking of things we are thankful for.  Sometimes it's just the little things like a good cup of coffee, or a call from one of my kids to say hi.  Yesterday......... A Nap!!!!
    I would post a picture of my new quilt, But!  It's a mystery!!! There is still room in the class........

No comments: