Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Aunt Mary's Christmas Mystery Solved

 Boy oh Boy!  Last week just flew by!  Holidays do that.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I did.  It's one of my favorite Holidays.  A whole day of people I love, great food, games and movies and even a little nap! The day got over way too fast though.  Then it was back to the shop for our After Thanksgiving Sale.  I think "Black Friday" took over this year.  We didn't have the customers we usually do.  You all were out shopping!  Oh well,  I had allot to get ready for anyway.  Saturday was "Aunt Mary's Christmas Mystery."   Twelve full hours of quilting, laughing and enjoying each others company.  
     Here is MaryJane with her "Mystery about half way done. She is a really nice lady.  She is relatively new to quilting and was really concerned that she wasn't keeping up with all that everyone else was doing.  I always try to let people know they should just go at their speed and enjoy what your doing.  It's not all about who finishes first.  Readers all read at different paces as well. It doesn't mean your a bad reader.   I snuck her finished blocks away from her and put them on the wall while she was ironing and not paying attention.  I LOVE the smile on her face!    
   
My Mystery quilts are usually very scrappy and I love to have people share and trade fabrics.  That way we all get to have more variety.  Here is Cathy and her quilt all layed out on the table.  Isn't it pretty!  Truly scrappy quilts are so fun to look at.  Every time you look at them there is something new to see.  It was a fun block to make and I think everyone had a great time.  Now I have to find a new mystery for my winter mystery class.  Hmmmm...........

No comments: