Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quilting Is The Icing On The Cake! YOU Can Do It!

When I first learned to quilt, I remember I thought I would ONLY hand quilt everything I made.  I was kind of a snob!  "Real quilts had to be Hand quilted".  Well, that only lasted for about three quilts.  They probably took me years to do. Now, over twenty years latter,  I have decided that there are WAY too many quilts in me to hand quilt them all.  I still love hand quilting and will always have one quilt on the side that will be hand quilted (When I get time)  

Machine quilting, over the past fifteen years has become "The Icing On The Cake!"   I love the way it looks!  And guess what. I can do it!  Yep! on my own "Regular" machine.  I know that YOU can do it too.  It takes some practice.  But if you are willing to put some time into it.  YOU CAN DO IT!  I found this really nifty blog by Leah Day, called "The Quilting Project".  Scroll down to my favorite blogs and click on hers.  Its really fantastic!  She has great videos and daily tips and tricks.  Then get some fabric out and make some layers and try it.  YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Oh, Just so you know..... I didn't quilt this pretty green quilt.  My friend Sharon Szekely did it.  This one is so nicely quilted that no one ever asks me who appliqued it. They just want to know who quilted it.  Hmmm......  Maybe next time she could not do such a good job? 

No comments: