Saturday, January 14, 2012

Princess Feathers From Glorious Patchwork

Ta Dah!!  here is my latest favorite project.  It's called Princess Feathers by Kim McLean. She is an amazing designer from Australia.  I have become quite addicted to playing with her patterns.  I know I'm not the only one.  If you scroll down on my blog, you will find a link to a blog that is all her designs.  She uses lots of Kaffe Fasset fabrics in her designs. This is the second quilt I have done with her patterns.  You may have seen the "Flower Pots" quilt hanging in the shop.   That was lots of fun to do too.
Part of the really fun part is playing with the fabric and finding just the right piece to use.  I thought that might be hard and I wouldn't enjoy it. However, NOW, it's my favorite part.   Beware though,  If you start doing these quilts, I can promise you will become totally addicted to "Kaffe" fabric!  I mean think about it.  I own a quilt shop.  I have carried "Kaffe" fabric for many years and so I have lots in my stash.  But, every once in a while some poor student will be unpacking her fabric for a class and I spot a piece that I don't have.  Well.......  "wanna make a trade?"

No comments: