Saturday, March 26, 2011

Zentangle! Cool!!!


And now for something fun and different! My friend, Karen brought these books in to our Appliques Society meeting for "Show and Tell." They are really cool Even for those that are always saying "I can' t draw" It's all about relaxing, making a shape and filling it in with simple designs. It's kind of a "Zen" thing. Actually I think it's what we did on our pee chees when we were board in class. There are lots of ideas and instructions on how to make your designs, and fantastic ideas on what you can do with them. I think the designs translate very easily into machine quilting. One of the books is all about quilting arts. I think kids would really love to play with these ideas, and remember there is an inner kid in all of us just waiting to get out of us to play.

No comments: