Friday, February 11, 2011

Magic Boxes

Aunt Mary's works with several of the publishers and gets three copies of each new book that comes out each month. I always love to open the box. It's almost better than Christmas! I brings back a memory of grade school when the "Scholastic" books that we got to order, came in. The box somehow holds magic! A new adventure! I love books!!! Well, this one "Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts" By Laura Wasilowski, caught my attention. As most of you know, I really love applique. Lately, I have been dabbling in "raw edge applique" Ya, I know, you probably think I'm a needle turn snob. Well, don't put me in a box! I love to explore new things. It keeps us excited about our craft. Anyway, This book is really cute! It's raw edge applique with fusible web, and then embellishing your creation with embroidery. The projects in the book are wonderful. I can't wait to play around with it. Hint............ You may see some on our Tri County "Birds of a feather" quilt. Not to sure as I'm kind of running out of time.

No comments: