Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Zippity Doo Dah!

Aunt Mary's just got in a new display of beautiful zippers! I know, your saying to yourself "What's so cool about zippers?" Well, let me tell you. THEY COME IN ALL KINDS OF PRETTY COLORS, that's what! I read somewhere that quilters are like crows. We like anything shiny and pretty!

Then, I got in some great patterns to go with them.
These are from one of my favorite designers "Atkinson Designs"
They also are the ones to come with the pretty colored zippers. Imagine that!

I think these are some really fun things to get us going with our Christmas list. Great little wallets and zippered pouches. Who wouldn't love one of these in just the right fabric for them? And, I love the idea of decorating this one with pretty buttons. (Crow theory again) But if you know me at all, you know I love buttons. Incidentally, I just got in some really fun, pretty new buttons too, but that's another blog.

This little organizer is sitting on our front counter. It's been a hot seller. It also has a great size to go into your bag to organize it, then you can lift it out and put into a different bag. Cool Hu? We made this one before the zippers arrived. I think it would look nicer with a lime green zipper on it. Oh Well. Maybe next time!


No comments: